Saturday 9 January 2010

its no joke!

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the heck was that?

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.


this was sent to me as an email by ma dad it is so true at 41 my rememberer is definitely broke.
while this poem is funny and light hearted it carries a disturbing truth about M.E
and how the cognitive dysfunction that we experience is not a joke but a real and disturbing part of this terrifying neurological illness that seems to be the but of every joke and scam artist. it would appear that yet again M.E is in the news and we become the lazy, its ok to run a poll on a nation wide news papers web site to ask is M.E real or not would we do this for lupus, MS, Parkinson's or any other immune or neurological disease! just because they have not found the cause does not mean that this illness is not real and devastating to those of us that have it and to our families. HIV did not exist till they found the virus! rather then asking is it real surely the question should be what is being done to find the cause!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment